jueves, 9 de octubre de 2008


This is Alejandra the 1 yr old i lived with in Santa Rita. Probably is the best dancer i have ever seen at this age. This is her dancing to reggeaton. notice the hand. Below is Valle de Angeles where we watched the indepedence day parade sept 15. Pretty much most of Central America celebrates this day from their independence from Spain. Ale was rocking her eye wear. Thats my host mother Tina holding her.
This is the group of kids that lived with me in Santa Rita during our training sessions for 6 weeks. Top left: Hailey from CA or as the Hondurans call her hija de sol (child of the sun) shes in youth development or YD, Patrick who is in Protected Areas Management or PAM, Christan from NOVA whose in my group! municipal development we call it Muni-D, Brenna from AZ shes in Muni-D, Ana from CA Muni-D, Justin from TN whose in PAM, Jessica from SD Muni-D, Susannah PAM, (girl who left 3rd week), Bug from AL in YD and myself.
One of my favorites, Ryan from Austin, TX. Later that day I broke his nose during an intense game of volleyball. My soccer reflexes came in and I kicked his face as he was diving to spike the ball. This all went down at the US ambassadors house in Tegus. But don´t you worry we signed a waiver before entering the premises.

Above: Me and Jessica Dillworth, at our goodbye party on the edge of a cliff. Also sporting our new Peace Corps shirts as you can see with all the MUNI-D girls at the Peace Corps office.
Below is a bunch of us at our goodbye party and Kate and Maggie (PAM) and I.

Below: Erick getting his groove on with an anciana. She looked British with that cap. Erik´s from DC in Muni-D and also in the south with me.

Lastly with Chad our future Senator. He wore a Honduran and American flag pin to our swearing in ceremony. Chad´s from Maine and is a Muni-Der like me.

1 comentario:

Jessica dijo...

Love the blog! So glad you decided to do one. How´s Nam treating you? The beach is great, although quite rainy these days. I guess it is all over the country. How´s Ryan´s nose, I haven´t heard anything. I put up the pics of swearing in and the night of on facebook, you are free to snap which ever ones you want.